Today’s blog comes to you as a vlog (below) and bullet points (scroll on down)!
Love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices in the truth.
1 Corinthians 13:6 (NIV)
At the holidays, the
- SANGUINE might label an event “boring” not because the event was so dull but because her need for fun, approval, and/or attention was not met in the way she had hoped.
- MELANCHOLY might declare an event a “disaster” not because the event was so bad but because his standards of excellence were marred by imperfections. (After years of asking my husband, “How did it go?” after a gospel quartet or praise and worship band performance, the best he’s ever reported was, “I was not altogether displeased.”)
- CHOLERIC might dismiss an event as a “waste of time” not because the event was devoid of value but because according to her schedule and perceived needs, doing what comes next on her to do list would have been a better investment of her time.
- PHLEGMATIC might consider an event that involves conflict to be “just awful” even if the conflict was friendly and/or resolved itself just fine. (My son doesn’t even like to remember family events during which there were arguments, which is tough in a family that’s part Armenian and part German!)
One truth: It’s impossible to please everyone during the holidays.
The Truth is never relative. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. (Click to Tweet this.)
But what I see as true and what you see as true may look very different.
So the point I’m gleaning from 1 Corinthians 12:6 today is that it doesn’t matter who is “right” or has a market on “truth.”
What matters is that we love each other, in spite of our differences.
That is most certainly true!
- Describe a time when your perception of “the truth” and someone else’s were very different. How did you handle that discrepancy?
- Do you tend to welcome various “slices” of truth or defend your own against others?
- Anything else on your heart!
Catch up with the Holiday Ready Heart Series here:
- How It Works (via Bullet Points & Videos!)
- Day 1: LOVED (+ 2 Vital Questions to Ask NOW)
- Day 2: CHOSEN – Making Right Holiday Choices
- Day 3: COMPLETE (+ 5 Gift-Giving Questions)
- Day 4: PURE (+ Goodbye, Ghosts of Christmas Past)
- Day 5: RIGHTEOUS (+ Rituals vs. Relationships)
- Day 6: FORGIVEN (+ The Story I Choose to Tell)
- Day 7: FREE (+ 14+ Ways to Enjoy “Free” Holy-Days!)
- Day 8: VICTORIOUS (+ Heading Off Holiday Hurts)
- Day 9: NEW (+ The Power to Get or to Give?)
- Day 10: CONFIDENT (+ 10 Ways to Keep Christ in Christmas)
- Day 11: MASTERPIECE (+ Being Content With What I DO Have)
- Day 12: INSEPARABLE (+ Missing Loved Ones at the Holidays)
- Day 13: DELIVERED (+ Why the Holidays Can Overwhelm)
- Day 14: TRUST (+ How Each PURSE-onality Can Get Day Overwhelmed)
- Day 15: PATIENT (+ Practicing Now for Patience Then)
- Day 16: NO RECORD (+ How to Have Grudge-Free Holidays)