Confessions a Grudge-Holder
And when I see some people, I’m going immediately think to myself, “There’s the person who…
- hung up on me in the middle of a phone call because I wouldn’t give her the information she wanted.”
- showed my children an 8-hour mini-series we never would have shown them.”
- mocked my new haircut which I was desperately trying to like.”
- went through my private drawers while visiting our house.”
- criticized me, loudly and in front of everyone, for disciplining my daughter on her birthday.”
Love = Letting Go
[Love] is not rude,
it is not self-seeking,it is not easily angered,it keeps no record of wrongs.
1 Corinthians 13:5 (NIV)
1% or 99%?
Soon, what might have reflected 1% of a relationship now consumes 99% of my thoughts about that relationship.
The Cell Phone (Almost) Incident
And I was about to make 99% of my relationship with Daniel all about “helping” him remember this important fact.
Keep no record.
Let it go.
The 5:1 “Baditude” Banishment Ratio
- Of what “wrongs” are you most likely to keep record?
- How do you keep “little things” from growing way out of proportion in your own mind and heart?
- Anything else on your heart!
Start the Holiday Ready Heart Series Here:
- How It Works (via Bullet Points & Videos!)
- Day 1: LOVED (+ 2 Vital Questions to Ask NOW)
- Day 2: CHOSEN – Making Right Holiday Choices
- Day 3: COMPLETE (+ 5 Gift-Giving Questions)
- Day 4: PURE (+ Goodbye, Ghosts of Christmas Past)
- Day 5: RIGHTEOUS (+ Rituals vs. Relationships)
- Day 6: FORGIVEN (+ The Story I Choose to Tell)
- Day 7: FREE (+ 14+ Ways to Enjoy “Free” Holy-Days!)
- Day 8: VICTORIOUS (+ Heading Off Holiday Hurts)
- Day 9: NEW (+ The Power to Get or to Give?)
- Day 10: CONFIDENT (+ 10 Ways to Keep Christ in Christmas)
- Day 11: MASTERPIECE (+ Being Content With What I DO Have)
- Day 12: INSEPARABLE (+ Missing Loved Ones at the Holidays)
- Day 13: DELIVERED (+ Why the Holidays Can Overwhelm)
- Day 14: TRUST (+ How Each PURSE-onality Can Get Day Overwhelmed)
- Day 15: PATIENT (+ Practicing Now for Patience Then)