Gheri, a new friend I met while speaking at a retreat in October, graciously shared the idea with me. I took one look at the photo she e-mailed me and thought, “My Bible study girls are going to love making these!”
Sure enough, Tuesday night, we had a wonderful time sipping hot chocolate and cider, munching warm cinnamon coffee cake, and making dozens of these cute little “Bibles” to give away!
___ Black card stock (I bought a poster board-sized sheet at an art supply store.)
___ White paper (I used regular printer paper.)
___ Glue (I used Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue.)
___ Hershey’s Nuggets (I found them on sale at Target this week!)
___ Red ribbon (I used felt but would have preferred thin satin ribbon.)
___ Toothpicks (I used a cake tester.)
___ Fine Sharpie pens
___ Paper cutter
1. Cut black card stock into 2.25″ x 1.50″ rectangles.
2. Cut white paper into 1.75″ x 1″ rectangles
3. Squeeze glue onto the black card stock rectangle, leaving the edges free. Press two Hershey Nuggets into the glue side-by-side. Adjust until the border of black around them is even.
4. Fold a rectangle of white paper in half and crease it. Unfold. With black fine-point Sharpie, write short Bible verse. Leave plenty of space around the crease so that the red ribbon doesn’t end up covering any letters. (Learned that one the hard way!)
5. Using a Q-tip, smear a thin layer of glue evenly over the tops of the Hershey Nuggets. Lay the rectangle of white paper over the glue and slide the crease into the space between the Nuggets just a bit.
6. Using a toothpick, spread a thin line of glue down the center of the crease in the rectangle of white paper. Lay 1.5″ of thin red ribbon into the glue. Cut the bottom end at an angle (or, if you’re got really great fine motor skills and super-sharp scissors, into a V-shape!)
What Our Project Looked Like
- Have a simple Thanksgiving Day craft idea to share? I’d love to see it!
- Suggest a favorite Pinterest project or two! (Talent-free preferred!)
- Anything else on your heart!
- Click to Tweet this: DIY:How to Make Hershey Nugget Bibles