I can do everything through Him
who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I’ve Waded Here Before
- Spent time in counselors’ offices.
- Read books.
- Attended groups.
- Agreed that “the only way out is through.”
Diving All the Way In
- my sorrow at leaving the back yard gate open when I was 12
- my horror at hearing car tires screech at midnight and Nikki’s yelp of pain cut short
- my loneliness at losing my big furry giver of unconditional love
- my guilt at being the one whose forgetfulness caused his needless death
- many more memories of loss
A True Cleansing
- Maybe the point is trust.
- Surrendering my need to know the outcome.
- Focusing on obedience.
- to do more than wade
- to dive all the way in
- through my fears
- through cleansing tears
My Weakness, His Strength
- So I do it right.
- So I don’t fail.
- So I don’t make mistakes!
- That rule is broken.
- Time to trust.
- Time to dive all the way in.
Stoic “Strength” vs. Willing Weakness
My Weakness, His Strength for the Holidays
- How have you learned to grieve (or have you)?
- For what will you need special strength this holiday season?
- Anything else on your heart!
Start Your Holiday Ready Heart Journey Here:
- How It Works (via Bullet Points & Videos!)
- Day 1: LOVED (+ 2 Vital Questions to Ask NOW)
- Day 2: CHOSEN – Making Right Holiday Choices
- Day 3: COMPLETE (+ 5 Gift-Giving Questions)
- Day 4: PURE (+ Goodbye, Ghosts of Christmas Past)
- Day 5: RIGHTEOUS (+ Rituals vs. Relationships)
- Day 6: FORGIVEN (+ The Story I Choose to Tell)
- Day 7: FREE (+ 14+ Ways to Enjoy “Free” Holy-Days!)
- Day 8: VICTORIOUS (+ Heading Off Holiday Hurts)
- Day 9: NEW (+ The Power to Get or to Give?)
- Day 10: CONFIDENT (+ 10 Ways to Keep Christ in Christmas)
- Day 11: MASTERPIECE (+ Being Content With What I DO Have)
- Day 12: INSEPARABLE (+ Missing Loved Ones at the Holidays)
- Day 13: DELIVERED (+ Why the Holidays Can Overwhelm)
- Day 14: TRUST (+ How Each PURSE-onality Can Get Day Overwhelmed)
- Day 15: PATIENT (+ Practicing Now for Patience Then)
- Day 16: NO RECORD (+ How to Have Grudge-Free Holidays)
- Day 17: TRUTH (Each PURSE-onality’s Take on Truth)
- Day 18: PERSEVERE (+2 Cures for Procrastination)
- Day 19: BLESS (Your Feelings Can Help You Choose)
- Day 20: BUILDING (20+ Ways to Build with Words)
- Day 21: HOLD (Hold Back, Let Go, and Step Up)
- Day 22: FRUIT (I Didn’t Think…I Was a People-Pleaser!)
- Day 23: CLEANSE (A Holiday-Ready Home)
- Day 24: REJOICE (We Share the Same Heart Rate)
- Day 25: NEAR (“Everything Else” or Emmanuel?)
- Day 26: THANKSGIVING (5 Ideas for Daily Thanks-Living)
- Day 27: GUARD (How Obedience Brings Peace)
- Day 28: CONTENT (My Heart’s Contents Control My Contentment)