It’s more like my massive insecurities about other people’s actions — and especially their reactions to me — which trigger an unconscious dash to the frig.
Nothing but God Gives Peace
“My weight loss goal is peace.”
Only God offers — and delivers — lasting peace:
And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding,will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.Philippians 4:7 (NIV)
Never Negotiate with a Terrorist
- I don’t want to become legalistic.
- It’s good to take a break now and then.
- Being spontaneous is a part of becoming less rigid and controlling.
Making My List (and Checkin’ it Twice!)
- My insecurities dwindle.
- I unravel less.
- I expect less and hope more.
So I’m pray-paring my holiday “Guard My Heart and Mind” list.
It’s about guarding my heart and mind.
Deciding now not to negotiate with the terrorist then.
Anticipating the peace that obedience brings.
Pray-Paring for the Best Christmas Ever
- What is your holiday goal for this year?
- By what measure will you define your holy-days?
- What focus do you want for the holidays?
- Anything else on your heart!
Start Your Holiday Ready Heart Journey Here:
- How It Works (via Bullet Points & Videos!)
- Day 1: LOVED (+ 2 Vital Questions to Ask NOW)
- Day 2: CHOSEN – Making Right Holiday Choices
- Day 3: COMPLETE (+ 5 Gift-Giving Questions)
- Day 4: PURE (+ Goodbye, Ghosts of Christmas Past)
- Day 5: RIGHTEOUS (+ Rituals vs. Relationships)
- Day 6: FORGIVEN (+ The Story I Choose to Tell)
- Day 7: FREE (+ 14+ Ways to Enjoy “Free” Holy-Days!)
- Day 8: VICTORIOUS (+ Heading Off Holiday Hurts)
- Day 9: NEW (+ The Power to Get or to Give?)
- Day 10: CONFIDENT (+ 10 Ways to Keep Christ in Christmas)
- Day 11: MASTERPIECE (+ Being Content With What I DO Have)
- Day 12: INSEPARABLE (+ Missing Loved Ones at the Holidays)
- Day 13: DELIVERED (+ Why the Holidays Can Overwhelm)
- Day 14: TRUST (+ How Each PURSE-onality Can Get Day Overwhelmed)
- Day 15: PATIENT (+ Practicing Now for Patience Then)
- Day 16: NO RECORD (+ How to Have Grudge-Free Holidays)
- Day 17: TRUTH (Each PURSE-onality’s Take on Truth)
- Day 18: PERSEVERE (+2 Cures for Procrastination)
- Day 19: BLESS (Your Feelings Can Help You Choose)
- Day 20: BUILDING (20+ Ways to Build with Words)
- Day 21: HOLD (Hold Back, Let Go, and Step Up)
- Day 22: FRUIT (I Didn’t Think…I Was a People-Pleaser!)
- Day 23: CLEANSE (A Holiday-Ready Home)
- Day 24: REJOICE (We Share the Same Heart Rate)
- Day 25: NEAR (“Everything Else” or Emmanuel?)
- Day 26: THANKSGIVING (5 Ideas for Daily Thanks-Living)