- How It Works (via Bullet Points & Videos!)
- Day 1: LOVED (+ 2 Vital Questions to Ask NOW)
- Day 2: CHOSEN – Making Right Holiday Choices
- Day 3: COMPLETE (+ 5 Gift-Giving Questions)
- Day 4: PURE (+ Goodbye, Ghosts of Christmas Past)
- Day 5: RIGHTEOUS (+ Rituals vs. Relationships)
- Day 6: FORGIVEN (+ The Story I Choose to Tell)
- Day 7: FREE (+ 14+ Ways to Enjoy “Free” Holy-Days!)
- Day 8: VICTORIOUS (+ Heading Off Holiday Hurts)
- Day 9: NEW (+ The Power to Get or to Give?)
- Day 10: CONFIDENT (+ 10 Ways to Keep Christ in Christmas)
- Day 11: MASTERPIECE (+ Being Content With What I DO Have)
- Day 12: INSEPARABLE (+ Missing Loved Ones at the Holidays)
- Day 13: DELIVERED (+ Why the Holidays Can Overwhelm)
Vlog Bullet Points
- story from my second year of teaching, feeling overwhelmed with everything I was doing: “Yes, Cheri, you sure did do all this to yourself, didn’t you!”
- How each PURSE-onality “does it to herself” during the holidays:
- Sanguine: People ask us to help, to get involved, to be a part of things. We love people, so we say “yes!” to the concept, to the idea, to the person. But we can become overwhelmed by the details and complications.
- Melancholy: Can get so caught up in the details that we miss the “bigger picture,” especially when things that should be going “right” aren’t; problems can turn the entire project / event / season into an overwhelming “failure.”
- Choleric: We love initiating and taking charge of so many wonderful things; we often forget that there are only so many hours in the day. And we can become overwhelmed when other people get in the way of progress toward our goals.
- Phelgmatic: Often by default, we end up in “commitments” to which we never really committed. We didn’t say “yes,” but we didn’t say “no,” either. As deadlines approach, we can become overwhelmed with feelings of “but I never agreed to…” Need to fully engage or fully decline.
You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in You.
Trust in the Lord forever.
For the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.
Isaiah 26:3-4 (NIV)
- Which way of overwhelming yourself sounds familiar?
- Do you think that much of your holiday stress is self-imposed, or do you feel that most of it comes from others?
- Anything else on your heart!