I was planning to write a wrap-up for our Journey Thru Genesis 27, but after re-reading all my blog posts and Bible study notes, I came up with a visual instead:
(You can click here to download a PDF file of the Meddling vs. Helping Chart)
A few of my favorite stops along the way:
- Back-story is vital for understanding people.
- You can learn a lot about yourself by figuring out who you “favorite.”
- Every major break-through I’ve had has come from challenge, not comfort.
- The choice to settle always produces the “need” to meddle.
- What we don’t say often says far more about our hearts than what we do say.
- I want to be a woman with whom intimate knowledge is safe because she is grounded to securely in God’s “everlasting love” for her.
- Christ modeled something inescapable at the heart of love…suffering with and suffering for.
- The trinity at the heart of every meddler: me, myself, and I.
- The great gift that stories such as these offer us: the opportunity for vicarious learning.
- What’s been your biggest “ah-HA!” moment or take-away from our Journey Thru Genesis 27?
- Tweet this: Download a helpful Meddling vs Helping chart via @CheriGregory here!