(Can’t see the video? Click here to view “Why Expectations Are Always an EpicFail” directly on YouTube!)
A Woman Whose Love Protects
Self-Protection = Expectations = Disappointment
So through my best attempts to make myself feel more safe and protect my own heart, I end up guaranteeing that I’m going to end up feeling even less safe.
Hope vs. Expectations = NO CONTEST
The only antidote for this is today’s word: HOPE.
They’re about me and what I think I need and want. They’re totally self-centered. And they’re about what I need and want from you.
May the God of hopefill you with all joy and peaceas you trust in him,so that you may overflow with hopeby the power of the Holy Spirit.
- About what do you tend to develop expectations and foist them upon others?
- How have you seen the difference between expectations and hope in your life?
- Anything else on your heart!
Celebrate with a new button declaring:
Start Your Holiday Ready Heart Journey Here:
- How It Works (via Bullet Points & Videos!)
- Day 1: LOVED (+ 2 Vital Questions to Ask NOW)
- Day 2: CHOSEN – Making Right Holiday Choices
- Day 3: COMPLETE (+ 5 Gift-Giving Questions)
- Day 4: PURE (+ Goodbye, Ghosts of Christmas Past)
- Day 5: RIGHTEOUS (+ Rituals vs. Relationships)
- Day 6: FORGIVEN (+ The Story I Choose to Tell)
- Day 7: FREE (+ 14+ Ways to Enjoy “Free” Holy-Days!)
- Day 8: VICTORIOUS (+ Heading Off Holiday Hurts)
- Day 9: NEW (+ The Power to Get or to Give?)
- Day 10: CONFIDENT (+ 10 Ways to Keep Christ in Christmas)
- Day 11: MASTERPIECE (+ Being Content With What I DO Have)
- Day 12: INSEPARABLE (+ Missing Loved Ones at the Holidays)
- Day 13: DELIVERED (+ Why the Holidays Can Overwhelm)
- Day 14: TRUST (+ How Each PURSE-onality Can Get Day Overwhelmed)
- Day 15: PATIENT (+ Practicing Now for Patience Then)
- Day 16: NO RECORD (+ How to Have Grudge-Free Holidays)
- Day 17: TRUTH (Each PURSE-onality’s Take on Truth)
- Day 18: PERSEVERE (+2 Cures for Procrastination)
- Day 19: BLESS (Your Feelings Can Help You Choose)
- Day 20: BUILDING (20+ Ways to Build with Words)
- Day 21: HOLD (Hold Back, Let Go, and Step Up)
- Day 22: FRUIT (I Didn’t Think…I Was a People-Pleaser!)
- Day 23: CLEANSE (A Holiday-Ready Home)
- Day 24: REJOICE (We Share the Same Heart Rate)
- Day 25: NEAR (“Everything Else” or Emmanuel?)
- Day 26: THANKSGIVING (5 Ideas for Daily Thanks-Living)
- Day 27: GUARD (How Obedience Brings Peace)
- Day 28: CONTENT (My Heart’s Contents Control My Contentment)
- Day 29: STRENGTH (In My Weakness, His Strength)
- Day 30: JOY (The Freedoms of Joy)